名词微生物; [生]幼芽，胚芽; 起源，萌芽
1. It's just the germ of an idea, but something may come out of it.
2. Disease is usually caused by germs.
3. Is this milk free from germs?
1. 幼芽：另外,遗传与病毒感染(virus infection)或自体免疫系统失常也会造成糖尿病. 饮食治疗师梁丽云说,榖分3个部份,即谷壳(Bran)、内胚乳(Endosperm)和幼芽(Germ). 内胚乳是碳水化合物和蛋白质的丰富来源,含有维他命B群、维他命.
A germ is a very small organism that causes disease.
e.g. Chlorine is widely used to kill germs.
e.g. ...a germ that destroyed hundreds of millions of lives.
The germ of something such as an idea is something which developed or might develop into that thing.
e.g. The germ of an idea took root in Rosemary's mind...
e.g. This was the germ of a book.
3. see also: wheatgerm
1. a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium)
the term is not in technical use
2. a small apparently simple structure (as a fertilized egg) from which new tissue can develop into a complete organism
3. anything that provides inspiration for later work